Role purpose and context
Due to movement within the Systems Department, an opportunity has arisen to add a new role to the team.
The Software Tester role will undertake testing on workflow and RTM Developments, which will allow the developers to focus more on development of the change. This will improve quality assurance and a liaison point with those members performing User Acceptance Testing within the business.
Work with systems users, software developers and project support teams to understand the scope of the projects.
Develop and execute appropriate test scripts, manual and automated.
Carry out stress testing, performance testing, functional testing and scalability testing where appropriate for any given development project.
Write bug reports.
Present findings to software development and business user teams (both technical and non-technical colleagues.
Provide objective feedback to Software development project teams.
Qualifications and experience:
- Ideally Graduated in Software Development/Engineering/Testing.
Skills / Knowledge
- Experience of testing regime with any knowledge of automated testing advantageous.
- Any knowledge of Programming, Databases. RTM, Formscape/Transform, is advantageous but not essential.
- Any experience of working as a Software Tester in a commercial environment
Planning and organising
- Methodical approach.
Team working and Communication
- Able to work as part of a small team.
- Able to communicate well within the department and the business.
- Willingness to undertake self-study to improve and maintain skill set.