Role purpose and context
Sabre Insurance is a successful UK based insurer selling car insurance primarily through brokers, but also directly to the public through the Insure 2 Drive, Go Girl and Drive Smart brands.
Operating within agreed underwriting authority and according to the Sabre underwriting philosophy and strategy.
Take personal ownership of handling quotations, proposals etc.
Work as part of team delivering high quality service to intermediaries.
You will be trained over a 2 year milestone training period.
A performance review, including a salary increase, will be given every 3 months during the 2 year period.
- Acquire motor underwriting knowledge
- Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by reference in line with Sabre risk pricing
- Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level
- Receive training to effectively handle telephone enquiries
- Work to operational deadlines
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail
- Make a positive input into the team’s effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved
- Work flexibly within the team and in a manner that demonstrates Sabre’s brand values, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance
- Reporting to the team leader, key internal relationships will be with other members of the team and other teams within Underwriting
- Key external relationships will be with intermediaries
Qualifications and experience:
- A good standard of education required including minimum of 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C / 4 and above) including English Language and Mathematics
- Some office experience and use of telephone in a professional context desireable
- Ability to understand and use established systems and processes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads
- Attention to details and ability to accurately record information
- Computer skills
- Training and support for continued professional development will be provided
- Planning and organising
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Team work
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
- Friendly nature