The Directors believe the Group possesses a number of competitive strengths including the following.
- Disciplined, actuarially driven pricing strategy, with a proprietary and agile pricing model informed by an extensive and proprietary dataset which has been compiled consistently over more than 15 years.
- Robust and effective claims management and counter-fraud capabilities.
- Diversified multi-channel distribution strategy through wide and long-standing relationships with its brokers and through three Direct Brands.
- Conservative approach to risk management including the use of excess of loss reinsurance and a simple and low risk investment strategy.
- Streamlined operating model with all staff operating from a single site and the use of third party providers to complement in-house expertise.
- Long-standing and experienced senior and operational management team.
These strengths have enabled the Group to establish a track record of market leading underwriting performance, controlled and attractive growth and attractive cash generation.